quarta-feira, 20 de dezembro de 2017

Girl from the North Country



Girl from the North Country

Uma bela e nostálgica canção sobre um amor passado mas não esquecido. A letra é um magnífico poema, o que não admira já que saído da pena de um Nobel da Literatura.
If you're travelin' in the north country fair
Where the winds hit heavy on the borderline
Remember me to one who lives there
Oh she once was a true love of mine

See for me if her hair's hanging down
It curls and falls all down her breast
See for me that her hair's hanging down
That's the way I remember her best

If you go when the snowflakes falls
When the rivers freeze and summer ends
Please see for me if she's wearing a coat so warm
To keep her from the howlin' winds

Escrita e interpretada por Bob Dylan foi gravada pela primeira vez em 1963 mas desde então teve diversas versões na voz dos mais diversos cantores.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário